Tuesday, March 1, 2011

the poor poor tree...

so every Tuesday we have maintenance men who come to my office park and do landscaping cleanup.  There's this really awesome tree that stands in the middle of some flowered bushes...so the maintenance men always bind the trunk and tie the ropes to beams that help keep the tree sturdy.  Apparently they didn't tie it too well this time and the tree fell over...3 times.  Now most of the flowers and flower buds on the tree are on the ground and it affected the bushes it fell onto as well.  I hope the tree doesn't fall over again.  I couldn't imagine being that tree.  I've always been an advocate of the idea that anything living (tree animal or plant) can physically feel pain.  I've never pulled leaves from trees or plucked grass from the ground.  I can only imagine it screaming "ow" as people walk all over it.  I always take sidewalks and walkways - after all, that's what they were built for anyway! 

No comments:

Post a Comment