Thursday, March 17, 2011

daylight...

it's so nice having more daylight hours!!!!  today, for the first time in months, I saw the moon in the sky while the sun was blazing bright!! The sunsets even seem more beautiful than before!  Crazy how that happens all because of a time change.

On another note, Sunday is the 3 year anniversary of the death of someone very close to me.  We used to have a spot in a state park in ft. lauderdale where we would go just to stare at the water and watch nature unfold around us.  The last time I went was 3.5 yrs ago before he died.  Taking colloquium and foundations this semester has made me much more in touch with nature than I've been in a while...I think I'm going to go back this year.  I've stayed away because it triggers painful memories...but I feel like after taking a new perspective on the earth and all its natural beauty, I can once again go back to our special place....sit and watch nature unfold, just as we used to.

I have to thank FGCU for requiring colloquium and foundations....I truly believe it would have been MUCH MUCH longer before I returned if I didn't have to take the classes....here's to accepting life and what it throws at you...and being able to pick up the pieces to move on....

No comments:

Post a Comment