Friday, February 25, 2011

Undersea Hotel...hmmm

so they say "if you're gonna dream - dream BIG!" ...so I decided to come up with a ridiculous goal for myself today.  I googled "underwater hotel" and came across this  undersea resort off an island in Fiji.  At first I was like SCORE! it was gorgeous and seemed so amazing...to be able to wake up with dolphins fish sharks and more all swimming around my little bubble under the ocean...

until I realized that as beautiful as that would be, it is COMPLETELY unnatural.  There's a reason humans weren't built to breathe under water...and why fish werent built to survive on the land.... because we're not meant to disturb eachother's habitats!!!!!

I think I would fall over dead if I was walking down the street only to see a sandshark slithering down the sidewalk in my direction....so why in the *beep* would a fish, shark, or anything else want to see me sleeping in the middle of its territory?! the rooms and resort are 40 ft below the surface - well into the middle of a coral reef.  This would disturb the habitat of so many creatures - I couldn't imagine being a part of it.  As beautiful as it SEEMS...I leave it at that.  I can't condone disturbing an environment nature intended to be beautiful and undisturbed!!!!!!

Poseidon Resorts





Gorgeous, but at what cost?!

No comments:

Post a Comment