Thursday, March 10, 2011

return to summerland ranch

So a few items were left at summerland ranch after the weekend's festivities, and I drove up there yesterday to pick them up.  It looked SO different without all the setups!  I saw a lot more natural life (animals, bugs, critters, etc) than I did over the weekend, probably because there weren't a gazillion people running around back there.  I walked right past a snake (I nearly screamed) and there were 2 rabbits hanging out where our food station was.  I think this just shows how humans impeding upon land that belongs to animals really does impact their habitats.  I would've never gotten to see the animals in their comfort zone, so to speak, if I hadn't returned on a quiet afternoon.

It was flat out lovely to see.  There's nothing better than watching an animals in it's home...

No comments:

Post a Comment