Sunday, February 20, 2011

a day at Shy Wolf

I spent today at Shy Wolf Sanctuary doing a training course.  We learned about animal handling techniques and how to handle situations which may arise.  There's so much going on at all times there!  I of course expected the wolfdogs, wolves and cougars to be noisy since 20 people were crowded around their homes...but I didn't take into consideration all the liveliness around them!  Squirrels were just hanging out around the trees...seemed as if they were playing tag lol...the prairie dogs were rambunctious as well.  Seemed as though all the animals were super happy to have visitors (even though I'm sure they're used to it with all the group walk-throughs!)

I love the sense of nature I get when I visit Shy Wolf.  It's amazing to me that it's in someones back yard, yet can make me feel like I'm in the middle of a jungle...like the wild animals are not in our territory, but as if I'm invading theirs!

No comments:

Post a Comment