Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Denver in 2 days

So I'm supposed to be going to Denver in 2 days.  While I'm here complaining of sweating in 80 degree weather in the beginning of February, the midwest is getting slammed with the great blizzard of 2011.  Unreal.  I hope we even make it there and our flight doesn't end up being cancelled.  Temperatures are in the negatives...highs are in the teens.  I can't believe this was our bright idea 8 months ago...didn't seen so bad then! LOL...  I watched the live weather cams in Denver and it's beautiful, yet frightening all at the same time.  Bottom layer of ice, covered by a few inches of snow, which was then frozen over to make an icy top layer.  I really hope I don't end up hurting myself!!!!!

I'll have much more to report once I'm there and experiencing the weather first hand.  I've spent the last 3 days shopping for much warmer clothing than I had anticipated needing originally lol...even with 3 layers, I still don't think I'll be warm enough.  It's amazing to me that in a 1300 mile span, weather can be so drastically different! 80 warm and sunny here....-11 frigid and a winter wonderland there!

MOTHER NATURE IS CRAZY!

No comments:

Post a Comment