Friday, April 1, 2011

a change of scenery....

This week I had to make a day trip to Ft. Lauderdale to help with preparations for a friend's wedding...it's astounding the change in scenery.  Everything in Naples is so "perfect" ...never a piece of trash on the ground, no homeless people standing on the corner of every major intersection...and lots of middle-upper class people driving their (mostly) expensive cars...most with out of state tags because of "season"...as nice as it is to live in a city that takes such pride in its landscape and upkeep, but at the same time, it's nice to be in Fort Lauderdale, where I don't feel so out of place.   I've never lived in such a clean city.  I grew up in South Jersey (AKA the armpit of America) and then in Phoenix (can you say smog?) and then Ft. Lauderdale (hello pollution)....Naples is so different.  People stare at me when I drive around blasting my radio and screaming along to the lyrics...The elder folk stare me down as I drive 5-10 mph over the speed limit...(seriously, I've been scolded 3 times since I moved here while sitting at a red light)....it's so strange.  Ft. Lauderdale is what im used to-it's where I spent my teen years and early 20's...it's the place that molded me into what I am now and I LOVE going back to visit. 

Downtown is amazing to me.  There's so much to do and such a different array of people.  My husband and I are going back next weekend (8-10) for the actual wedding and I'm super excited to go out and party it up on the beach.  I need a break after all this school work!!!!!

Time to cut loose and have a blast in a REAL city!

No comments:

Post a Comment