Monday, April 11, 2011

alligator alley

it never gets old...but certainly more interesting! I'm always the one driving across the alley so I never get to truly look around me.  my husband drove this past weekend and i was able to stare out the window into the glades and see so many things I never noticed before! I've always been intrigued by the amount of lush greeness out there, but after literally staring out the window for an hour, I saw so much more! I officially saw my first gator sunbathing on the side of the canal that runs parallel to the road...and I saw some really awesome HUGE bird nests in the trees.  Didn't catch sight of any large cats or anything of the sort, but I didn't really expect to either.  I drove by one part towards the middle of the alley where there was a large tower and all I wanted to do was pull over and climb to the top so I could stare out over the wetlands.   After reading and learning so much information about the Everglades this semester, I have a new-found appreciation for them and think it's absolutely fascinating.  I would love to go out into the deep Everglades and see what it's all about...then again, I'd be scared like a little kid that I'd run into a panther or alligator. LOL.....

I guess I'll stick with the guided tours for now....no exploring on my own!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment