Saturday, January 22, 2011

Love this weather!

This weather is crazy.  It's January and I'm outside in tank tops and capris.  As much as I hate the heat, I'm very excited to not have to bundle up like the people in the New England area.  I've been loving this weather recently, though! Overcast, damp/moist air.....that feel of rain.  I've always wanted to live in the NW U.S. and I think the idea has become cemented over the last week.

The fog has been getting worse over the last few days, but that just means more moisture in the air! I'd rather deal with cool, damp weather than the blazing 106 degree heat in July!

As much as I adore this weather, in the back of my mind I know it's due to global warming.  I read in the Earthweek Diary that temperatures surpassed record highs this year...that worries me a lot.  I know I won't see any profound changes during my lifetime, but I worry for my great grandchildren.  We have to act now, so they can enjoy earth, just as we have, later.

No comments:

Post a Comment