Tuesday, January 11, 2011

and it begins...

I've never kept a journal or blog before...but I'm currently enrolled in the University Colloquium class and am required to keep one! so here goes....

I'm expecting to learn a lot about the environment around me.  I lived in Southeast Florida (Ft. Lauderdale) for 11 years.  Lots of buildings, construction sites and torn down natural environments.  When I first moved to Florida, I lived in Weston (when it was still 85% everglades).  I remember sitting on my patio, which overlooked the glades, and thinking how beautiful it was - especially at sunset.  I moved to downtown Ft. Lauderdale and lived there for 9 years...lots of cars, pollution, trash, etc etc.  When I left Ft. Lauderdale and moved to Naples in August 2009, I began my journey down the road of appreciation.  Since I moved to SW Florida, I find myself appreciating small things - like birds' nests in trees and watching birds eat in water-soaked grassy fields.  I'm hoping that I get to learn much more about the environment around me.

I'm excited to get home later tonight from work!  There's a nest in the tree outside of my balcony!  Babies are coming very soon! Just hope I get to see them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment