Saturday, January 22, 2011

I just saved a turtle!

While driving home from the store, I noticed something in the road near the entrance to my community.  As I got closer, I noticed it was a turtle! I'm not sure what type it was...if I had my phone handy I wouldve snapped a pic...but alas, I didn't.  Cars were speeding through (as they always do) so I stopped my car in front of the turtle, put on my hazards and stood in the middle of the street until it safely crossed.  I stopped 4 cars from nearly running it over.  It amazes me that people don't pay better attention when driving. 

I always watch the road for critters crossing the street.  Just yesterday morning I was leaving my community for work and there was a mama bird leading her little ones across the road near the golf course.  I stopped and waited until all of them were out of the street, which took an entire traffic signal cycle.  The guy behind me was laying on his horn and yelling obscenities at me..."Are you *BEEP* stupid?  Move the h-e-double hockey-sticks out of the way" .....i told him there were animals crossing the street, and his reply? "So what! I've got a job to be at!" ....I have to wonder if he truly wanted me to just run them over.  I'm glad I was first at the light instead of him!

I've always had more compassion for animals than humans...I used to think it was wrong to feel that way, but people like the idiot from yesterday support my decision!

No comments:

Post a Comment